Our vision is to generate a brighter future for all. By gifting clean, green, reliable solar systems and lights to schoolchildren, families and communities who need them the most, we are demonstrating that at SkyPower we can do well and do good.
We use a transparent and comprehensive approach, supported by local organizations or elders, to ensure our solar lights and systems are distributed to rural or marginalized communities that have a remote opportunity to access electricity in the near future. We believe everyone should have access to clean, reliable, modern energy and we work hard to prioritize those who need it most.
SkyPower’s Actions as a Global Citizen:
- Participant to the United Nations Global Compact: SkyPower is proud to be a participant to the UNGC.
- Committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: SkyPower is committed to supporting the UN SDGs. In fact, the work we do enables progress to be made directly and indirectly toward 13 of the 17 goals, including Goal 7 which promotes access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. Learn more about our work.
- Recognized as a Leader for Sustainability:
- SkyPower’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Kerry Adler, was recognized as the inaugural Local SDG Pioneer for Climate Action in 2016 by the United Nations Global Compact. Learn more about this achievement.
- SkyPower was proud to be voted by Canadians as the winner of a 2016 Canadian Global Compact SDG Award from the United Nations Global Compact Network Canada.
- Official Partner of COP21: SkyPower was an Official Partner of COP21, the United Nations Conference on Climate Change held in Paris in 2016. Read our press release to learn more.
- Climate Bonds Partner: SkyPower is proud to be a Climate Bonds Partner, demonstrating our support for the Climate Bonds Initiative, which is working to mobilize the $100 trillion bond market for climate change solutions. Read our announcement.
- Committed to ISO 26000:2010: SkyPower proudly documents our actions towards ISO 26000:2010 – Social Responsibility, a guideline for how businesses and organizations can operate in a socially responsible, ethical and transparent way.
- Proud to be a Global Citizen: SkyPower is pleased to share our corporate social responsibility activities in our annual SkyPower Global Citizenship Report, demonstrating that we can do well and do good. Read our report here.
SkyPower is the largest and one of the most successful developers and owners of utility-scale solar energy projects in the world. With roots dating back more than 15 years, SkyPower’s global team possesses a vast track record of over 1000 years of combined experience in power and large infrastructure projects.
The experienced and accomplished SkyPower team has built, assembled and acquired an extensive pipeline of over 25 GW worldwide – some of which were recently announced in bilateral agreements, and other contract awards, to be built in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia over the next five years.
SkyPower’s over 30 utility-scale solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and Contracts at various stages of development, construction and operation, in aggregate, represent over USD 80 billion dollars’ worth of long-term renewable energy sales to leading utilities and governments around the world.
|The SkyPower team over the past decade has proudly established long-term strategic hybrid partnerships with local communities, governments and in-country developers. As well, SkyPower has consulted for and advised utilities, international leaders and Heads of State in its unprecedented approach to working in unison with these environmentally conscious leaders to ensure a brighter future for generations to come.
Through its dedicated team members, composed of employees, consultants and advisors working out of 34 international locations, SkyPower develops, finances, owns and operates solar energy projects from the initial stages through commercial operation in nearly every region of the world.
SkyPower prides itself on its established relationships with world-leading banks and financial institutions, as well as with its global and local suppliers, and the indigenous peoples and communities who work hand in hand with SkyPower with the shared objective of producing hundreds of millions of kWh of clean electricity each and every year.